Monday, November 22, 2010

Gaming with a Baby

Babies like TV.  They like it a lot.  In learning to care for a baby and everything that goes along with that this was probably my biggest surprise.  So, when wanting to play video games this poses an opportunity and a problem.  The opportunity is that she likes the TV so much she’ll watch me play games for considerable amounts of time.  I don’t want to mention the actual amount of time to avoid a knock on the door from Defax.  The problem is I can’t play whatever I want.  Right now she is only 4.5 months old and changes so much everyday which means that her little brain is an ever dry sponge pulling in everything she sees and hears.  This means I can’t or am not willing to play my typical games which involve guns, cursing, and blood.  The only safe games I have are racing games (Forza 3) and the music games (Rock Band, Guitar Hero).  The latter of which has been getting a lot of play time lately. (pictured below)

DSC_0189
Currently I’m trying to play the crap out of Saints Row 2 but I’m limited to time when the baby is sleeping which means after 8pm and maybe for an hour here and there during the day on the weekends.  Of course I have to share the TV with my wife as well.  Apparently watching me play video games is boring, I would have never guessed that.  I say watching Dancing with the Stars is boring, different strokes I suppose.  So the progress has been slower than I like but the game is awesome so I’m sticking with it.  I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to pick it up.  Luckily my patience meant it only cost me $20.  What a steal!





I leave you with a few pictures of my precious baby girl.  Also included, nana (top), mom (middle).
DSC_0026
DSC_0190HiRes_2465189150108

No comments:

Post a Comment